Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A little help from my friends

To give hope to anyone thinking about a project like this so encouragement, I entered into this conversion with absolutely no skills tools or experience with working on cars. I'm really not very handy around the house either (ask my wife).

I definitely couldn't do it all myself, so I found two friends who donated their time to get me through this. A big Thank You to Scott and Danen for all your help.

So if you are as mechanically uninclined as I am you'll have to have some inclined friends, but with VW air cooled cars being pretty simple, as far as cars go, you can do most of it yourself, or con a friend into doing it mostly themselves.

I suppose you could find a mechanic to pay, but no one I contacted was willing to take it on.

Soren

No comments: